Chicken Gets Revenge….
Okay, maybe the chicken had nothing to do with it.
But, after Zebadiah Anderson swallowed a nugget containing “shards of bone”, causing him “severe injury,” he decided to sue the Chicago McDonald’s from which he bought the meal.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the nugget contained shards of bone that damaged Anderson’s mouth and potentially his stomach and throat. The alleged damage required that Anderson be rushed to a hospital for treatment. He’s including not only the local McDonald’s, but also the chicken supplier, Tyson.
There should not be any bones in these nuggets; Just yummy nuggety goodness.
“While I have not seen a lawsuit, I take the safety of food served in my restaurants very seriously and will investigate this claim,” said the owner of the local McDonald’s, Nick Karavites.
It’s unclear how the alleged bone shards managed to get served, but hopefully this is all a big misunderstanding and it turns out these cheap, yet totally delicious chicken nuggets are still safe to eat (as safe as fast food can possibly be, anyway).
No matter which way you look at it, you’re paying next to nothing for those chicken nuggets… Maybe you should expect next to nothing in terms of quality? Just a thought.